Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by dan young <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/17 00:26:35 UTC

unable to search provenance repository

Hello,

We're running a secure 3 node 1.4 cluster, and for some reason we're not
able to search processor provenance event.  i.e. trying to search a for a
particular event by filename, but the results always come back empty, even
though when I view the provenance event history I can see the event.  Has
anyone seen this, or can offer any suggestions on how to debug why I'm not
able to search?

I've tried shutting the cluster down and deleting all the repositories a
couple of times....

Here's my relevant config:

nifi.provenance.repository.implementation=
org.apache.nifi.provenance.WriteAheadProvenanceRepository

nifi.provenance.repository.debug.frequency=1_000_000

nifi.provenance.repository.encryption.key.provider.implementation=

nifi.provenance.repository.encryption.key.provider.location=

nifi.provenance.repository.encryption.key.id=

nifi.provenance.repository.encryption.key=

# Persistent Provenance Repository Properties

nifi.provenance.repository.directory.default=
/opt/nifi-common/provenance_repository

nifi.provenance.repository.max.storage.time=24 hours

nifi.provenance.repository.max.storage.size=5 GB

nifi.provenance.repository.rollover.time=5 min

nifi.provenance.repository.rollover.size=100 MB

nifi.provenance.repository.query.threads=2

nifi.provenance.repository.index.threads=2

nifi.provenance.repository.compress.on.rollover=true

nifi.provenance.repository.always.sync=false

nifi.provenance.repository.journal.count=16

nifi.provenance.repository.indexed.fields=EventType, FlowFileUUID,
Filename, ProcessorID, Relationship

nifi.provenance.repository.indexed.attributes=

nifi.provenance.repository.index.shard.size=500 MB

Re: unable to search provenance repository

Posted by dan young <da...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

looked at dmesg and see a few of these on one of the nodes...I wonder if
it's an IO issue.  I'll do some digging around

[5492401.012087] INFO: task java:15838 blocked for more than 120 seconds.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dan young <da...@gmail.com>.
Heya Joe,

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.