Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2009/05/28 21:23:48 UTC

[VOTE 2] maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-4

Hi,

I've corrected the regression from the first VOTE thread for this
plugin, and I'm ready to try this again...the URLs below have been
updated where appropriate.

---

As I'm sure you've noticed, we've had a large thread on this list
regarding how to put together a proper ASF release using Maven. In order
to enable the Assembly plugin to take on the burden of producing ASF
source-release assemblies, we had to fix a few bugs. Along with this,
I've also tackled the tar/zip file modes problem. The staged repository
for this release can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-033

The JIRA notes for the release can be found at the following URL, or at
appended to the end of this message:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11126&styleName=Html&version=15298

Please vote!

[ ] +1 Pull the trigger!
[ ] +0 ...like I care
[ ] -1 Stop right there and back away from the plugin slowly!

Here's my +1.

Thanks!

-john

===================

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Assembly Plugin - Version 2.2-beta-4

** Bug
     * [MASSEMBLY-238] - Assembly plugin removes file permissions
     * [MASSEMBLY-379] - Follow-up: file permissions are removed when
creating tar.gz assembly
     * [MASSEMBLY-413] - Assembly plugin uses absolute paths from
project instance after interpolation
     * [MASSEMBLY-414] - Allow regular expressions in include/exclude
patterns for filesets

---
John Casey
Developer and PMC Member, Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Member, Apache Software Foundation

"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing."
        -Aristotle

Re: [VOTE 2] maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-4

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
2009/5/29 David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>

> I'm eager to see this get out... this version works fine for me after I
> hacked the assembly descriptor parents so I could build it (no idea why I
> couldn't get to the parent snapshots)
>
> I'm not convinced all the worrying about regular expressions for
> includes/excludes is worth it.  The only way to be really sure you're
> getting what was in svn is to do the assembly immediately after svn export.
>  Otherwise you're apt to pick up or omit ide files (*.ipr etc from eclipse)
> that some projects put in svn and others don't --no matter how careful you
> think you're being a lot of the time you'll get it wrong.
>
> BTW, how/when will the almost as important assembly descriptor get
> released?

As soon as the assembly plugin is working I'll update the poms. FWIW, I'm
planning this _only_ for the maven pom in the first go around. I want to
have time to uncover and fix any kinks before it gets hoisted out to the
rest of the apache projects.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [CANCELED] [VOTE 2] maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-4

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
John Casey wrote:

> I'll take another stab at it and hopefully get this cleared up early
> tomorrow, and we can have a real vote.

This seems like something that's easy to include in this release:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGSITE-91

Benjamin

[CANCELED] [VOTE 2] maven-assembly-plugin 2.2-beta-4

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
*SIGH*

It seems that I injected a new bug while fixing the last round...there
is a failing IT on windows now:

http://grid.sonatype.org/ci/job/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-4-ITs/jdk=1.5,label=windows/18/console

I'll take another stab at it and hopefully get this cleared up early
tomorrow, and we can have a real vote.

Sorry for any confusion.

-john

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I'll take a look. Thanks.

-john

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
John,

If you're using plexus-utils-1.5.10 I suggest you redo that release
first too as it is pretty much hosed. Emmanuel discovered this in
Continuum, so you might sync up with him as he's trying to get his
changeset released.

 From May 28 (you're second attempt at the same release):
http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/plexus-releases/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.5.10/

 From May 26 (probably your first attempt):