Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by ru...@us.ibm.com on 2000/06/14 16:22:23 UTC

[VOTE] Committer status for Glen Daniels

Glen Daniels wrote:
> As I continue to work on things, it would be great to know what others
> are doing so we could spread out and do the maximum amount of damage. :)
> Also, what's the procedure for someone to get access to writing the CVS
> tree?  Should we first submit our new code to the list or to individuals
> to have it looked over?

As an open source project, xml-soap is obviously still in its formative
stages.  The leaders have not emerged just yet.

What we will ultimately need is a STATUS file indicating todos,
assignments, and progress.  And eventually, the process will clearly be for
people to submit patches and build up a reputation before being nominated
as a comitter.  And a release lead to attempt to marshall the developer
efforts towards frequent releases.

At the moment, I am more interested in establishing diversity, entusuiasm
and a critical mass.  Your ideas look like they have merit, so I am
inclined to take a chance.  I am therefore formally nominating Glen Daniels
of Allaire corporation as a committer to xml-soap, and starting out with my
vote:

   +1

- Sam Ruby

Re: [VOTE] Committer status for Glen Daniels

Posted by Rajiv Mordani <Ra...@eng.sun.com>.
+1

Posted by Rajiv Mordani <Ra...@eng.sun.com>.
+1