Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by JBrooks <br...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/07 20:48:59 UTC

thesaurus does not work - Synonyms does not work.

There used to a much earlier version when the thesaurus actually worked,  The past two or three versions of Open Office has caused that this no longer works.

I could right mouse on Synonyms and a list was displayed and now there is NONE displayed.  Is this forever broken or can this be fixed?

Re: thesaurus does not work - Synonyms does not work.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 13:48:59 -0500
"JBrooks" <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There used to a much earlier version when the thesaurus actually worked,  The past two or three versions of Open Office has caused that this no longer works.
>
> I could right mouse on Synonyms and a list was displayed and now there is NONE displayed.  Is this forever broken or can this be fixed?

Your language may be set wrongly. Probably the easiest way to fix this is to delete or rename your OpenOffice user profile. If you are using Windows do this by:
Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

If this works on new files then you may have to adjust the language settings in any older files (/Tools /Language /For all text.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: thesaurus does not work - Synonyms does not work.

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.

On 09/07/2015 02:48 PM, JBrooks wrote:
> There used to a much earlier version when the thesaurus actually
> worked,  The past two or three versions of Open Office has caused that
> this no longer works.
> I could right mouse on Synonyms and a list was displayed and now there
> is NONE displayed.  Is this forever broken or can this be fixed?

Do you have Artha on your system? Very nice program. I keep it in my
panel, for use as a dictionary and thesaurus.

--doug