Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Francis.Hu" <fr...@reachjunction.com> on 2013/07/10 10:33:46 UTC

cannot submit a job via java client in hadoop- 2.0.5-alpha

Hi,All

I have a hadoop- 2.0.5-alpha cluster with 3 data nodes . I have Resource
Manager and all data nodes started and can access web ui of Resource
Manager.

I wrote a java client to submit a job as TestJob class below. But the job is
never submitted successfully. It throws out exception all the time.

My configurations are attached.  Can anyone help me? Thanks.

---------my-java client

public class TestJob {

    public void execute() {

        Configuration conf1 = new Configuration();

        conf1.addResource("resources/core-site.xml");

        conf1.addResource("resources/hdfs-site.xml");

        conf1.addResource("resources/yarn-site.xml");

        conf1.addResource("resources/mapred-site.xml");

        JobConf conf = new JobConf(conf1);

        conf.setJar("/home/francis/hadoop-jobs/MapReduceJob.jar");

        conf.setJobName("Test");

        conf.setInputFormat(TextInputFormat.class);

        conf.setOutputFormat(TextOutputFormat.class);

        conf.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);

        conf.setOutputValueClass(IntWritable.class);

        conf.setMapperClass(DisplayRequestMapper.class);

        conf.setReducerClass(DisplayRequestReducer.class);

        FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(conf,new
Path("/home/francis/hadoop-jobs/2013070907.FNODE.2.txt"));

        FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(conf, new
Path("/home/francis/hadoop-jobs/result/"));

        try {

            JobClient client = new JobClient(conf);

            RunningJob job = client.submitJob(conf);

            job.waitForCompletion();

        } catch (IOException e) {

            e.printStackTrace();

        }

    }

}

----------Exception

jvm 1    | java.io.IOException: Cannot initialize Cluster. Please check your
configuration for mapreduce.framework.name and the correspond server
addresses.

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Cluster.initialize(Cluster.java:119)

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Cluster.<init>(Cluster.java:81)

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Cluster.<init>(Cluster.java:74)

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.init(JobClient.java:482)

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.<init>(JobClient.java:461)

jvm 1    |      at
com.rh.elastic.hadoop.job.TestJob.execute(TestJob.java:59)

Thanks,

Francis.Hu

答复: cannot submit a job via java client in hadoop- 2.0.5-alpha

Posted by "Francis.Hu" <fr...@reachjunction.com>.

Actually ,I have mapreduce.framework.name configured in mapred-site.xml, see
below:

<property>

<name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>

<value>yarn</value>

<description>Execution framework set to Hadoop YARN.</description>

</property>

Re: cannot submit a job via java client in hadoop- 2.0.5-alpha

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Francis.Hu" <fr...@reachjunction.com>.
Hi, Devaraj k  and Azuryy Yu

Thanks both of you.

I just get it resolved.  The problem is that below highlighted jar is not
included in my java client side so that when the Job is initializing, it can
not find the class YarnClientProtocolProvider to do further initialization.
Then it causes the exception in Cluster.initialize() is thrown out.

hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.0.5-alpha.jar

Thanks,

Francis.Hu

jvm 1    | java.io.IOException: Cannot initialize Cluster. Please check your configuration for mapreduce.framework.name<http://mapreduce.framework.name> and the correspond server addresses.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.
'yarn.nodemanager.address' is not required to submit the Job, it will be required only in NM side.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.