Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Konovalova, Svetlana" <sv...@intel.com> on 2007/03/02 13:09:32 UTC

[drlvm][doc] fix comments in vmcore external interface headers

Dear all,

Many source header files for generating readable Doxygen
reference materials [10] lack ample and well-formatted comments. Our aim
is to get easily readable, complete and useful reference for DRLVM
Interface Reference and Java class library reference.
In this connection, I've opened the following JIRAs including
suggestions on improving Doxygen output. Would be great if you could
find time to look through them and provide patches. The code commenting
BKMs [11] can be useful.

    Covers VM_Common interface header files

    Covers VM_JIT and VM_EM interface header files

    Covers VM_Interpreter interface header files

    Covers VM_GC interface and VM_Thread interface header files

    Covers JNI and JVMTI interface header files

    Covers Execution manager external interface headers

    Covers Thread manager external interface headers

    Covers Garbage collector and Execution engine external interface
headers

    Covers OS portability layer external interface

Best regards,
Sveta

[10]
http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/doxygen/intf/html/index.ht
ml
[11] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Code_Commenting

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.
We've been removing author names all over, so I think Sveta is just
following that practice.

I understand the desire for giving credit, but maintaining author
attribution gets a little hairy. How many lines of a patch gives you
an author attribution? Et cetera.

It's much easier to not use author attributes in individual files and
place a bulk contributor list with releases. Admittedly, this is
probably not something we have setup yet.

-Nathan

Posted by Peter Novodvorsky <pe...@gmail.com>.
Sveta,

Posted by "Morozova, Nadezhda" <na...@intel.com>.
Hi,
I've linked HARMONY-3180 and HARMONY-2814; will think of how to best
address HARMONY-3284 <> HARMONY-3180 relation (will need to look at the
HARMONY-3180 patch).

Cheers,
Nadya

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.
Sveta,

[drlvm][doc] new version of Doxygen docs published

Posted by "Morozova, Nadezhda" <na...@intel.com>.
Hi all,
I've deployed a fresher version of the Doxygen documentation generated
from DRLVM sources [1]. I've used the latest fixes from HARMONY-2814 and
further improved the infrastructure.
There are several open JIRAs with, but most commonly without, patches
that improve our documentation. I'll be looking at those and
regenerating docs as soon as some new comments get added. More patches
welcome ;)
I've also added simple instructions on generating Doxygen docs locally
[1], see Regenerating the Reference. You can now easily test the
comments you write.

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/DoxygenStart.html

Cheers,
Nadya