Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Danforth <sd...@epathlearning.com> on 2007/03/02 15:56:08 UTC

IIS Experience Anyone?

Hi,

I'm still looking for anyone who has experience with the IIS plugin
(ISAPI_redirect.dll).

So far, nobody will admit to it. :-(

(I understand. I don't want to use IIS either, but a customer is
requiring it)

    -- Scott.

Re: IIS Experience Anyone?

Posted by Jost Richstein <jr...@softdecc.com>.
Puhh...that's why I asked him for any special problems:-)

Re: IIS Experience Anyone?

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>

Re: IIS Experience Anyone?

Posted by Jost Richstein <jr...@softdecc.com>.
Some remarks:

- Sometimes the dll does not run correctly due to access rights in windows.
  The easiest way to avoid that is to use a windows installer of the dll
that
  will handle all that for you. Version 1.2.15 provides an installer as far
  as I remember (*.msi). Give it a try just to see if that helps.

- Different Windows versions handle ISAPI-DLL's differently. On Windows 2003
  servers you explicitly have to permit the execution of a web extension
  (in addition to the usual installation). See the IIS snap in.

- We were using IIS and Tomcat in almost every thinkable combination:
Windows2000,
  XP, Vista, Windows Server 2003 with different version of IIS.

- did you configure workers.properties and uriworkermap.properties
correctly?

Scott Danforth schrieb:
> Hi! Yes, I have problems. The filter shows up correctly in IIS, and it
> executes fine up to the point where it needs to talk to Tomcat. Then
> nothing further on that page request appears in the log, and  "The
> specified module could not be found" is returned as the result of the
> page request.
>
> My previous messages to the group were submitted wth the subject:  IIS
> Plugin can't find Module ??  It seems like this is just about the only
> symptom of failure that anyone reports.
>
> Here's from my the last submission:
>
> Because I'm getting Windows Active/X error messages in response to
> servlet requests, it appears that my problem has to do with
> environmental assumptions that are not satisfied by my version of IIS
> 5.0 on Windows XP. I've read that the version of IIS included with XP
> is not the full version, so perhaps that's the problem. Who knows...
>
> But, my reason for experimenting is that I need to use Tomcat servlets
> on Unix servers from IIS 6.0 on a Windows 2003 system to which I do
> not yet have access. And now, since I've struck out trying to
> experiment with my desktop system, I'm curious about other people's
> experiences.
>
> If you've tried to use ISAPI_redirect.dll v 1.2.20 (successfully, or
> not), could you reply with a few words? For example, what Windows OS
> and IIS versions we're you using?
>

> Jost Richstein wrote:
>
>> I admit: we are using it for several customers. To make it
>> short: there is no reason to be scared.
>>
>> Do you have any special problems?
>>
>> Scott Danforth schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm still looking for anyone who has experience with the IIS plugin
>>> (ISAPI_redirect.dll).
>>>
>>> So far, nobody will admit to it. :-(
>>>
>>> (I understand. I don't want to use IIS either, but a customer is
>>> requiring it)
>>>
>>>    -- Scott.

Jost Richstein
SoftDeCC Software GmbH
Email: jrichstein@softdecc.com
Tel.: +49 89 89 06 78 47
Fax.: +49 89 89 06 78 33

SoftDeCC Software GmbH; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht: München, HRB 123667; Geschäftsführer: Ralf Malis, Georg Nüssel, Jost Richstein, Gerd Wilts

Re: IIS Experience Anyone?

Posted by Scott Danforth <sd...@epathlearning.com>.

Jost Richstein wrote:

> I admit: we are using it for several customers. To make it
> short: there is no reason to be scared.
>
> Do you have any special problems?
>
> Scott Danforth schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm still looking for anyone who has experience with the IIS plugin
>> (ISAPI_redirect.dll).
>>
>> So far, nobody will admit to it. :-(
>>
>> (I understand. I don't want to use IIS either, but a customer is
>> requiring it)
>>
>>    -- Scott.

Scott Danforth, Ph.D.
Director of Technology