Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2010/08/05 17:50:30 UTC

Re: [OT] Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup

Re: [OT] Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: [OT] Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
>> Subject: Re: [OT] Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup
>>
>> Yup. I think Microsoft's PRNG is implemented something like this:
>>
>> long int random() {
>>   return time() % 2;
>> }
>>
>> Super efficient!
>
> I think you left out the requisite buffer overflow built into every Windows API...

And the message about the new Windows Media Player download every time the above function
returns 1.

RE: [OT] Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: [OT] Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup
>
> Yup. I think Microsoft's PRNG is implemented something like this:
>
> long int random() {
>   return time() % 2;
> }
>
> Super efficient!

I think you left out the requisite buffer overflow built into every Windows API...

 - Chuck