Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ma...@altavista.net on 2000/11/03 11:47:30 UTC

Trouble with taglib

Hi all.

I hope there are someone that can help mem because i'm becoming crazy !!!!
I'm trying to use a taglib that i have developed with Tomcat 3.1, but the
only answer i have from the container is this:

Error: 500
Location: /servizi/prova.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary
http://www.comuneweb.it/taglibs/infrastruttura-1.0 : Parse Error in the tag
library descriptor: com.sun.xml.parser/V-037 web-app

I have inserted on "web.xml" file this line:
<taglib>

<taglib-uri>http://www.comuneweb.it/taglibs/infrastruttura-1.0</taglib-uri>
        <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tlds/comuneweb.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

And the "comuneweb.tld" file look like this:

<taglib>
        <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
        <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
        <shortname>prova</shortname>
        <uri>http://www.comuneweb.it/taglibs/infrastruttura-1.0</uri>
        <info>
                Libreria di tag usati da ComuneWeb
        </info>
        <tag>
                <name>prova</name>
                <tagclass>Infrastruttura.Tag.Prova</tagclass>
                <bodycontent>empty</bodycontent>
                <info>
                        Tag di prova
                </info>
        </tag>
</taglib>

Can any one help me ? please.... :)
Thanks.....bye

Re: Trouble with taglib

Posted by Kurt Post <ku...@mactiveinc.com>.
If you are running on a win32 platform with Tomcat 3.2b6 you might be suffering
from the same problem I found yesterday when I grabbed 3.2b6.  The problem is
caused by the goofy way win32 handles upper/lower case in file names.  To fix
the problem edit src\share\org\apache\tomcat\util\FileUtil.java starting at
line 197:

     if (!realPath.equalsIgnoreCase(canPath)){
            int ls=realPath.lastIndexOf('\\');
            if ( (ls > 0) && !realPath.substring(0,ls).equals(canPath) )
          return null;
     }

Change the realPath.equals(canPath) to realPath.equalsIgnoreCase(canPath).
There was even a comment on line 196 which mentions checking ignore case on
windows.

Once I made this mod, everything worked great.  I'm not at all sure this is the
"right" way to fix the problem but it does seem to work.

Kurt