Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org> on 2005/01/13 09:54:27 UTC

This text would be nice on the blocks.properties

Hi,
I think that it would be nice to add  half line text  on the deprecated
section on blocks.properties to point out what is the block replacement.

Please apply this patch.

Cheers,
cheche

Re: This text would be nice on the blocks.properties

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>Juan Jose Pablos <cheche <at> apache.org> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>I think that it would be nice to add  half line text  on the deprecated
>>section on blocks.properties to point out what is the block replacement.
>>
>>Please apply this patch.
>>

>blocks.properties is auto-generated, so a commit of the patch makes no sense. It
>would be a useful addition to gump.xml though, so that the comment could be
>generated too.

I did not know that it was created with a stylesheet, anyway,  this
patch allows use the @description just on the deprecated elements.  Is
that ok then?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> On Jue, 13 de Enero de 2005, 9:30, Joerg Heinicke dijo:
>
>>Juan Jose Pablos <cheche <at> apache.org> writes:
> Hmm... is posible to add a new tag or attribute in gump to store this
> without breaking gump build process?

Yes, although someone complained that it mixes tags, so that humans
don't understand easily where Gump starts and the other tag ends.

The solution would be to use namespaces, or use comments, which also can
be included by XSLT in the output.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: This text would be nice on the blocks.properties

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Jue, 13 de Enero de 2005, 9:30, Joerg Heinicke dijo:
> Juan Jose Pablos <cheche <at> apache.org> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I think that it would be nice to add  half line text  on the deprecated
>> section on blocks.properties to point out what is the block replacement.
>>
>> Please apply this patch.
>
> blocks.properties is auto-generated, so a commit of the patch makes no
> sense. It
> would be a useful addition to gump.xml though, so that the comment could
> be
> generated too.

Hmm... is posible to add a new tag or attribute in gump to store this
without breaking gump build process?

The proposal is good, becaue on the user list people ask about that.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.