Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/08/08 06:37:03 UTC

Re: [patch 1.3] The http_protocol.c C-L + T-E patch

Still looking for a vote on this fix to core for 1.3, preventing
modules from seeing an invalid C-L + T-E combination from the
client per RFC 2616.  This does not apply to proxy (as implemented
now) but may affect other handlers as I noted below.  The sanest
action seems to be; adopt our 2.0 core change.

The clean patch to backport to 1.3 is at

  http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/httpd-1.3-proto-cl-te.patch

With respect to fixes in individual modules, one should still
remember that this isn't a panacea, it's still possible for any
other invalid module to reinsert a content-length input header
at your handler before it's invoked.  But it seems worthwhile
to go ahead and fix the 80/20 with these 3 lines of code already
committed to trunk and 2.0.x.

Bill

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Aug 8, 2005, at 12:37 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Still looking for a vote on this fix to core for 1.3, preventing
> modules from seeing an invalid C-L + T-E combination from the
> client per RFC 2616.  This does not apply to proxy (as implemented
> now) but may affect other handlers as I noted below.  The sanest
> action seems to be; adopt our 2.0 core change.
>
> The clean patch to backport to 1.3 is at
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/httpd-1.3-proto-cl-te.patch

+1

Re: [patch 1.3] The http_protocol.c C-L + T-E patch

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. said:

> Still looking for a vote on this fix to core for 1.3, preventing
> modules from seeing an invalid C-L + T-E combination from the
> client per RFC 2616.  This does not apply to proxy (as implemented
> now) but may affect other handlers as I noted below.  The sanest
> action seems to be; adopt our 2.0 core change.
>
> The clean patch to backport to 1.3 is at
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/httpd-1.3-proto-cl-te.patch

+1.

Regards,
Graham