Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Lakshani Gamage <la...@googlemail.com> on 2012/03/22 10:08:31 UTC

[GSoc] Plugins for running & monitoring workflows

Hi all,

I'm Lakshani Chandima Gamage, an Undergraduate of Electrical and
Information Engineering, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka. I had a look into
this feature request and as I have experience in creating web
browser(Chrome, FF etc.) plugins, I think I can implement this.
So I would like to work on this as my GSoC 2012 project. Nowadays, I'm
learning  how Airavata works. If you can please send me further details of
the project requirements so I can continue from here.

Thanks & Regards,
Lakshani Gamage,
Undergraduate,
Department of Electrical and Information,
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Ruhuna,
Sri Lanka.

Re: [GSoc] Plugins for running & monitoring workflows

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Lakshani,

Can you please comment on the issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-345 if you have any questions or comments? Do you any help while you prepare your student proposal?

Suresh

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lakshani,

<la...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi Saminda,
>
> Thank you for the reply. Now I have an abstract idea what your requiremenr
> is.Until coming up with full requirements,
> I will continue studying Airavata model. If there are any specification
> part I should follow please be kind enough to let
> me know.
>
> Thank You
>
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Lakshani,
> >
> > Thank you for your interest in the project. The actual purpose of this is
> > to create tools for a user to easily monitor/manage workflows & analyze
> its
> > inputs/outputs. For ease of use best thing to do is aggregate these tools
> > in to already existing applications users are familiar with. for example
> > like web browsers, IDE's, OS shell etc. That's the abstract requirements
> of
> > the project. Depending on the functionalities (which should be discussed
> > further) the scope can be adjusted to suit the time-frame.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Saminda
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Lakshani Gamage
> > <la...@googlemail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm Lakshani Chandima Gamage, an Undergraduate of Electrical and
> > > Information Engineering, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka. I had a look
> > into
> > > this feature request and as I have experience in creating web
> > > browser(Chrome, FF etc.) plugins, I think I can implement this.
> > > So I would like to work on this as my GSoC 2012 project. Nowadays, I'm
> > > learning  how Airavata works. If you can please send me further details
> > of
> > > the project requirements so I can continue from here.
> > >
> > > Thanks & Regards,
> > > Lakshani Gamage,
> > > Undergraduate,
> > > Department of Electrical and Information,
> > > Faculty of Engineering,
> > > University of Ruhuna,
> > > Sri Lanka.

Heshan Suriyaarachchi

http://heshans.blogspot.com/

Re: [GSoc] Plugins for running & monitoring workflows

Posted by Lakshani Gamage <la...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Saminda,

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lakshani,