Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Gerard <g....@maastrichtuniversity.nl> on 2015/08/27 10:23:30 UTC

Shiro and LDAP!

Hi,

I'm trying to use Shiro (version 1.2.3) in combination with LDAP in a Vaadin
based web application, but experience trouble!

I started initially using the basic shiro.ini file without LDAP, and all
that worked as expected.

But then I modified the shiro.ini file as follows:

ldapRealm = org.apache.shiro.realm.ldap.JndiLdapRealm
ldapRealm.userDnTemplate = uid={0},ou=users,dc=mydomain,dc=toplevel
ldapRealm.contextFactory.url = ldap://ldapurl:389
ldapRealm.contextFactory.authenticationMechanism = DIGEST-MD5

In my Java code nothing was changed, only the shiro file was modified.

However now I can't login , and don't get any exception or error message!

Is my approach basically wrong or what am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Gerard

Re: Shiro and LDAP!

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
Does a LDAP query return the user's info (command line or LDAP utility)

-Brian