Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Nader Henein <ns...@bayt.net> on 2005/01/05 12:12:47 UTC

Re: Advice on indexing content from a database

Hibernate + Lucene,

Use Hibernate to read from your DB, this will pull out the data you need
in nice and clean objects, and then loop through your object collection
and create Lucene documents, you can add Quartz to the equation and have
this process run scheduled on chunks of your data till it's all been
indexed and then continue on with incremental updates / deletes.

Nader Henein