Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by David Joham <dj...@criadvantage.com> on 2000/08/11 01:11:03 UTC

Mod_Jserv IO exception - ignore previous post

Sorry for the SPAM. I was lazy and responded to an earlier post rather than type in the address myself :)

It's been a long day

I'm wasn't sure if this should go to this list of the users list, so let me
know if I'm in the wrong spot.

Hopefully, I've got a rather simple question. I've been trying to get Apache
to talk to Tomcat on my Mandrake 7 box for most of the afternoon, with
little luck. Here's what I've done so far...

Installed Tomcat 3.1
Installed the SUN JDK1.2.2
Configured Tomcat so that if I hit http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp the
example page comes up
modified httpd.conf to include tomcat.conf
Created the directory /etc/httpd/libexec and put the mod_jserv.so there
Downloaded the mod_jserv.so with NS 6PR2

The problem exists when I try to go to http://localhost/examples/jsp. I
would expect that the same page would come up that came up with
http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp. Instead, I get nothing on the browser
and this returned to the console:

 HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream closed prematurely
java.io.IOException: Stream closed prematurely
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:382)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream closed prematurely
java.io.IOException: Stream closed prematurely
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

I've perused the FAQ's and found an article that mentioned this exact
problem, but it didn't really help me out.  I haven't been able to find much
information on Deja either. It seems like a mod_jserv problem, but I'm not
able to really pinpoint what the problem is. I don't see any useful
infomation in any of the logs, either.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

btw: How would someone get involved in the maintenance of the
jakarta.apache.org website? I see "getting involved" information for the
actual project itself, but not for the supporting web site. I wouldn't mind
putting in some time to help get more information available to first time
users as well as helping with some documentation.

Thanks in advance

David

RE: Mod_Jserv IO exception - ignore previous post

Posted by Brett Knights <br...@knightsofthenet.com>.

> The problem exists when I try to go to
> http://localhost/examples/jsp. I
> would expect that the same page would come up that came up with
> http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp. Instead, I get nothing on
> the browser

I never had any luck with Tomcat and urls like the above.
If you are configured pretty close to the default try:
http://localhost/servlet/examples/jsp

BTW if apache is running on your machine then http://localhost is a request to apache.
http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp is a request to Tomcat's internal web server.

HTH