Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ben Cuthbert <cu...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/01 19:06:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Smart Load testing and Apache Webserver

All

I have setup a simple Apache server with a Jboss back end and i want
to test the through put and number of clients
the apache server can serve by getting an index.html page from the
Jboss server.

I have tried using Jmeter and ap, and httperf all of which give me
different results. So my question is which one should i trust,
and which one is the best to use.

I want to simulate 1000 connected users, each doing 100 requests. And
then get the avg, min , max response time for those sessions.

Re: [users@httpd] Smart Load testing and Apache Webserver

Posted by Ben Cuthbert <cu...@gmail.com>.
Well i was planning just to start with simple get of 3 html pages.
But we plan stream data over the connection which would be about
50K a packet.

And for the test i have a gigabit switch and a sun T2000 VS a Linux
ADM solution.