Posted to user@livy.apache.org by Wandong Wu <wu...@husky.neu.edu> on 2018/07/13 03:28:22 UTC

Some questions about RscDriver

Hi:

I have some questions about How Livy communicate with Spark, and I am not very familiar with Spark architecture.

Within an interactive session, Livy communicate with Spark through RPC. According to some architecture diagrams, LivyServer has a RscClient, and Spark has a RscDriver. My understanding is that RscDriver is one of components belonging to Spark, and RscDriver has existed before the Livy project was created. Is that right?

I want to know how LivyServer communicates with Spark cluster

Yours
Wandong

Re: Some questions about RscDriver

Posted by Wandong Wu <wu...@husky.neu.edu>.
Hi:

	Thank you for your response. I want to know how this component communicate with each other. So, RscDriver communicate with Spark Driver through RPC? Right?
	Is there a protocol between RscClient and RscDriver?

Thanks
Wandong

Posted by Meisam Fathi <me...@gmail.com>.