Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by prasanthi_ofbiz <pr...@tcs.com> on 2010/05/21 13:57:09 UTC

How to read only text box

Hi
In Ofbiz application I want to make a text box read-only and the value in
side that text box should pass to the database through service. I used
<display/>  then not able to pass forward.

Thanks,
Prasanthi

Re: How to read only text box

Posted by varun bhansaly <vb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
My requirement is such that the read-only field will be a derived
field, visible to user.
Say for example, I have a XML form with 3 editable fields, salutation
& first name, last name and 1 read-only field Addressed To.
Addressed To should be read only & derived from concatenation of above
editable fields.
Have to rule out hidden fields as this should be shown to the user.

Up till now, i have bn unable to find a solution to it.
One soln could be to use html dom to add readonly attribute after the
form is rendered, but thats my last option.

Thanks,

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Jacques Le Roux
<ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
> Also if you want to show the value without changing it, you can use the
> disabled=true attribute of the field element
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Ankit Jain" <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>
>>
>> Hi Prasanthi,
>>
>> you have made text box read only & want to pass its value, then you have
>> to send the value in hidden field.
>> <display /> is used to display the value.

>> And you have to make entry of this attribute in the service definition too
>> as "IN" parameter then only you will get the value.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks & Regards:
>> Ankit Jain
>> Jr. Enterprise Software Developer
>> Hotwax Media Pvt. Ltd.
>> www.hotwaxmedia.com
>>

>> prasanthi_ofbiz wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>> In Ofbiz application I want to make a text box read-only and the value in
>>> side that text box should pass to the database through service. I used
>>> <display/>  then not able to pass forward.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Prasanthi

Varun Bhansaly

Re: How to read only text box

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Ankit Jain" <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: How to read only text box

Posted by Ankit Jain <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Prasanthi,

Re: How to read only text box

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
hi Prasanthi,

if you are using a <display/> then a hidden field is automatically created
unless you specify <display ... also-hidden="false"/>

and if a hidden field is there it would be passed in parameters too
after form submit.

--
Thanks & Regards
Atul Vani