Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Uli Biberger <ub...@yahoo.de> on 2011/05/23 23:50:19 UTC

[scxml] release date of new version

Hello,
I wonder if there's any plan for another official release. The 0.9 version is
over two years old - and I am curious wether there's active development or just
maintainance.

Thanks for any response in advance,
  Uli

Re: [scxml] release date of new version

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Uli Biberger <ub...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I wonder if there's any plan for another official release. The 0.9 version is
> over two years old - and I am curious wether there's active development or just
> maintainance.

<snip/>

There isn't any official date and its unlikely to be over the next few
months, unless others jump in and help with the development and
release. There isn't any active development at the moment.

The underlying reasons for the above are:
 * v0.9 still works well for many usecases (and ofcourse, will
continue to be available, as do all releases)
 * I don't have the cycles to work towards a release at the moment
 * The Working Group is expecting to produce a Last Call Working Draft
in a few months -- it makes sense to save any cycles for an update
then (when most moving parts will have reasonably settled in the spec)

-Rahul