Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Marcos Sanz/Denic <sa...@denic.de> on 2001/03/19 17:59:40 UTC

ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

Hallo,

I just downloaded and compiled Phoenix and wanted to test the
avalon-demo.sar. But then:

appladm denics8 [~/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/dist/bin% ./run.sh

Phoenix 3.1a1-dev
Error: java.lang.Error: Unable to setup SAX
parserjava.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
        at
org.apache.avalon.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.<init>(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:57)
        at
org.apache.avalon.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.<init>(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:41)
        at
org.apache.avalon.camelot.DeployerUtil.getBuilder(DeployerUtil.java:51)
        at
org.apache.avalon.camelot.DeployerUtil.buildConfiguration(DeployerUtil.java:116)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.engine.DefaultSarDeployer.getConfigurationFor(DefaultSarDeployer.java:251)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.engine.DefaultSarDeployer.buildEntry(DefaultSarDeployer.java:198)
        at
org.apache.phoenix.engine.DefaultSarDeployer.deployFromDirectory(DefaultSarDeployer.java:208)

But xerces is in the lib directory:

appladm denics8 [~/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/dist/lib% ls -l
Gesamt 3318
-rw-------   1 appladm  appladm   164076 Mär 16 10:33 avalonapi.jar
-rw-------   1 appladm  appladm     2623 Mär 16 10:33 phoenix-client.jar
-rw-------   1 appladm  appladm  1499244 Mär 16 10:33 xerces.jar

And the class is there:

appladm denics8 [~/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/dist/lib% jar -tvf xerces.jar |
grep "
org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser.class"
 13640 Wed Dec 06 18:08:22 CET 2000
org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser.class

Any idea?
Thanks,

Marcos Sanz

Re: ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 05:59  19/3/01 +0100, Marcos Sanz/Denic wrote:
>Hallo,
>
>I just downloaded and compiled Phoenix and wanted to test the
>avalon-demo.sar. But then:

Thats odd - which JVM/Platform are you using. Does it come with a XML
parser in the ext dir? Does it work if you unset your CLASSPATH variable?

Cheers,

Pete