Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yogesh Bhanu <yo...@gsf.de> on 2001/10/02 11:33:23 UTC

Webapp and Tru64

Hi all,
            I 'm not sure If this questions is repeated .
I 'm trying to compile Webapp  in order to use Tomcat 4.x ( This is
release vesrion ) now the problem I 'm facing is .
The make fails at  trying to include stdint.h which naturally is not
there .
The system I'm trying to compile on is Tru64 4.0F and gcc 2.95.2
My configure option is
 ./configure  --enable-java=/usr/opt/java122
--with-tomcat=/scratch/yogesh/jakarta-tomcat-4.0
--with-apxs=/home/w3/apache-1.3.20ea/bin/apxs

I get the following error

/scratch/yogesh/webapp-module-1.0-tc40/apr/include/apr.h:132: stdint.h:
No such file or directory

Any pointers

Thanks in advance
yogesh

--
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
                -- Gandhi

Re: Webapp and Tru64

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
Yogesh Bhanu wrote:

>  Hi Nikolai,
>                      Well I havent tried it, But on going thru my  linux alpha box  , it has stdint.h  well it  is gcc-2.95.4
> what do ya say ..??

Iæm compiling on Tru64 UNIX, I have no doubt Linux has it. By the looks of it,
mod_webapp is a LINUX utility that can be made to compile on other UNIXes.

> By the way are you an the alpha Tru64 list also ...

I used to be...

> If the binary is going to made available then I might as well wait .

I doubt it. Compaq is too lazy to do anything, except issue PR statements and I
don't know of anyone doing it for free or just the fun of it. "mod_jk" never
made it on Tru64 UNIX.

Nix.

Re: Webapp and Tru64

Posted by Yogesh Bhanu <yo...@gsf.de>.
 Hi Nikolai,
                     Well I havent tried it, But on going thru my  linux alpha box  , it has stdint.h  well it  is gcc-2.95.4
what do ya say ..??
By the way are you an the alpha Tru64 list also ...

If the binary is going to made available then I might as well wait .

Thanks anyways
yogesh

Re: Webapp and Tru64

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
> Hi all,
>             I 'm not sure If this questions is repeated .
> I 'm trying to compile Webapp  in order to use Tomcat 4.x ( This is
> release vesrion ) now the problem I 'm facing is .
> The make fails at  trying to include stdint.h which naturally is not
> there .
> The system I'm trying to compile on is Tru64 4.0F and gcc 2.95.2
> My configure option is
>  ./configure  --enable-java=/usr/opt/java122
> --with-tomcat=/scratch/yogesh/jakarta-tomcat-4.0
> --with-apxs=/home/w3/apache-1.3.20ea/bin/apxs
>
> I get the following error
>
> /scratch/yogesh/webapp-module-1.0-tc40/apr/include/apr.h:132: stdint.h:
> No such file or directory

:-) Welcome to the club. I'm using Digital's CC, but it makes no difference. Anyway, there is no such file as "stdint.h" on Digital UNIX and, for reasons unknown, mod_webapp defines that it is there. So, locate ./apr/include/apr.h and comment the line which defines it. Ugly, I know...

And then you'll run into the next obstacle, where I am, at the moment. Something to do with signals, I'll dig into it... today, I hope.

Don't let this discourage you.

Nix.