Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2015/07/17 01:38:39 UTC

[VOTE] Apache POI 3.13-beta1 release (RC1)

Hi,

I prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 3.13-beta1 (RC1).

The most notable changes in this release are:

- conditional formatting support for the common Color class
- basic support for adding vba code to .xlsm (macro-enabled) workbooks
- handling of more than 65536 rows in the FormularParser (#56328)
- a few security related features for zip bombs (#50090/#56865) and log forging (#58040)
- agile encryption is now working again - a regression since 3.11-final
- various NPE fixes in XWPF, S/XSSF

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/3.13-beta1-rc1/

All tests pass. ASC files verify and MD5/SHA1 are correct. Docs look fine.
There's no clutter in the src/bin packages. The src package can be compiled.

It would be cool, if someone can run a govdocs scan to see if there are
any mass processing issues with NPOIFS or the new zip bomb handling.

Please vote to release the artifacts.
The vote keeps open for 72hrs, 2015-07-20, 23:59 UTC,
planned release announcement date is Thursday, 2015-07-23.

Here is my +1

Andi

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache POI 3.13-beta1 release (RC1)

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
This vote has passed with 3 +1 votes.

I'm now releasing the maven artifacts and check for the other after-voting-todos.
I'll announce the release on the website, when I see the files on maven central.

Andi.

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 3.13-beta1 release (RC1)

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
+1 from me as well, packages look good and local projects work fine.

Dominik.

Posted by David North <dt...@corefiling.co.uk>.
+1 from me. Thanks.