Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sean Callan <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/16 16:03:01 UTC

XPath & Retrieving parents

Hi Guys, I've got a question about the XPath within JackRabbit.

I'm currently using this XPath which successfully returns a node,
`//webfmis:role[@webfmis:general='true']` , I'd like to be able to
return the parent node but I'm having absolutely no success in
incorporating `parent::` or `/..`.

When I use `parent::` for instance there are no errors but no node is
returned.  I've viewed the repository with JCR Web Explorer and I have
confirmed it does in fact go  webfmis:document -> webfmis:properties
-> webfmis:role -> @webfmis:general.

I'm looking to return the webfmis:document.  Any idea what I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: XPath & Retrieving parents

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Sean Callan wrote:
> javax.jcr.query.InvalidQueryException: Only attribute axis is allowed
> in predicate
>
> Currently I am not using 1.4, is this issue resolved in 1.4?

child axis support in predicates has been implemented in 1.2.1 already. see:

regards
  marcel

Re: XPath & Retrieving parents

Posted by Sean Callan <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcel,

I appreciate your prompt response.  I tried the XPath as you provided
but it results in an exception :

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Sean,