Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Anton Luht <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/17 16:40:53 UTC

[app-bug] mx4j

Hello,

Now some people in this list are trying to make ActiveMQ run on
Harmony. ActiveMQ is based on MX4J [1] . MX4J 3.0.1 has 812 unit
tests. Results of those tests:

BEA WebLogic JRockit(TM) 1.4.2_04 JVM :
810 tests, 1 failure, 1 error (99.75%)

Harmony DRLVM version 11.2.0
766 tests,  2 failures, 110 errors (85.38%)

Maybe it's worth to consider MX4j JUnit tests first and then try to
fix ActiveMQ?

MX4J is used not only in ActiveMQ but in other apps like Tomcat as well.

[1] http://mx4j.sourceforge.net
Anton Luht,
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [app-bug] mx4j

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> 2006/8/17, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com>:
>>
>> On Aug 17, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Anton Luht wrote:
>>
>> > Not yet. I think that making minimal test cases from JUnit tests is
>> > simpler than making ones from an application though. I'm going to get
>> > down to it soon - I just wanted to discuss it before acting to make
>> > sure that nobody objects such approach.
>>
>> Oh - when I've tallked about "app oriented" testing, I didn't mean we
>> have to slap the app into a test framework,
> But if the application fails in some way we need to minimize test case
> somehow...
> I think that Anton is talking about this situation.

And I'm trying to agree! :)

Re: [app-bug] mx4j

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
2006/8/17, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com>:

> On Aug 17, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Anton Luht wrote:
>
> > Not yet. I think that making minimal test cases from JUnit tests is
> > simpler than making ones from an application though. I'm going to get
> > down to it soon - I just wanted to discuss it before acting to make
> > sure that nobody objects such approach.
>
> Oh - when I've tallked about "app oriented" testing, I didn't mean we
> have to slap the app into a test framework,
But if the application fails in some way we need to minimize test case
somehow...
I think that Anton is talking about this situation.

> but rather that we go out
> and find 'real-world' software (which I lazily labeled
> "applications") to help flush out bugs.
>
> So, yes, this is really great if you've used the mx4j test suite to
> find Harmony bugs, and if you turn them into tests for us.  Go!
>
> geir
>

> > On 8/17/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
> >> that's a great idea.
> >>
> >> Have you isolated any of the errors?
> >>
> >> geir

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Anton Luht,
> > Intel Middleware Products Division

Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [app-bug] mx4j

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Aug 17, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Anton Luht wrote:

> Not yet. I think that making minimal test cases from JUnit tests is
> simpler than making ones from an application though. I'm going to get
> down to it soon - I just wanted to discuss it before acting to make
> sure that nobody objects such approach.

Oh - when I've tallked about "app oriented" testing, I didn't mean we
have to slap the app into a test framework, but rather that we go out

Re: [app-bug] mx4j

Posted by Anton Luht <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [app-bug] mx4j

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.