Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/09/21 23:56:26 UTC

Consolidating the Xerces Release Archives

When Xerces-C++ 2.8.0 and Xerces-J 2.9.1 were published to the new dist
directories, archive directories (containing the new releases) were
automatically created for us at:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/xerces/j/
http://archive.apache.org/dist/xerces/c/

All of the old ones are still at:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-j/
http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-c/

This will get confusing for folks looking for old releases if we leave it
like that.  I think we should move all the packages from the old archive
directories to the new ones and then setup a couple permanent redirects.  I
tried doing that myself with the archived Java releases but apparently I
don't have the authority to do it.  I used to at one time but now all files
and dirs are owned by apbackup.  Does anyone have write access to the
archive?  Do we need help from the infrastructure folks to do this?

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab