Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com> on 2012/11/02 15:37:22 UTC

[EVENT] CloudStack Hyd Meetup: A brief log, pics and keynotes

Hello everyone,

We had our first official meetup in Hyderabad yesterday, 1 Nov 2012, at Lemon Tree, Hyderabad. We had a small keynote on CloudStack with the local Hadoop User Group a month ago on CloudStack (http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/meetups/sep-2012/), but this time it was totally focussed on CloudStack.

The meetup keynotes started at 5PM and ended at 7:20PM, followed by about an hour of networking and discussions, and t-shirts for everyone. It was attended by 134 people and organised by 7 people including Nitin, Kishan, Prasanna, Bidisha, Sadhu, Praveen, Hari P.

We started by welcoming the attendees and showing them an introductory video about Apache CloudStack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4b8HFmFTc&feature=plcp) and did a poll to find out that all of them have heard of cloud computing, most of them use or are going to use cloud or are excited to learn about it. Most of the crowd rated themselves as users, some managers and some engineers. Most of them use open source technologies on daily basis and there were few who contribute to open source.

Kevin Kluge spoke on building your own IaaS cloud with Apache CloudStack and gave a small demo on same; followed by a brief keynote by Prasanna on ASF and the community participation; followed by the last presentation by Chirag Jog on migrating applications to the IaaS clouds which had some good use cases and interesting examples.

We would like to thank all our speakers, attendees, and organizers who made the event a success.

All the presentations and photos are downloadable from the following:
http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/meetups/nov-2012

Or, select photos here: https://plus.google.com/photos/105500838080334630026/albums/5806205455776858881
kishan@apache.org<ma...@apache.org> will upload the video and share the link soon.

Please feel free to comment, share your thoughts, suggestions and blog. Thanks.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
PS. We've to do better camera work next time

Re: [EVENT] CloudStack Hyd Meetup: A brief log, pics and keynotes

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Kevin.

Uploaded keynotes on slideshare:

http://www.slideshare.net/cloudstack/cloudstack-hyderabad-meetup-how-the-apache-community-works
http://www.slideshare.net/cloudstack/cloudstack-hyderabad-meetup-cloudstack-meetupmigratingtoiaaschirag
http://www.slideshare.net/cloudstack/cloudstack-hyderabad-meetup-using-cloudstack-to-build-iaas-clouds

Regards.

On 02-Nov-2012, at 8:53 PM, Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com>> wrote:

Thanks for having me, and thanks also to Rajesh et al for the Bangalore slot, too.  We had some great CloudStack interest and questions at both events.

-kevin

Posted by Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com>.