Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2011/12/15 08:02:05 UTC

ANN: The second hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download

The second hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download:

 http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.92.0-candidate-1/

I've posted a secure and an insecure tarball.

As said previous, HBase 0.92.0 includes a raft of new features
including: coprocessors, security, a new (self-migrating) file format,
distributed log splitting, etc.  There's been > 600 fixes since 0.90.
See the list here: http://su.pr/1VZzl5

See the hbase manual for the low-down on what hadoop version this
release will run on: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hadoop

There is no migration necessary.  A shutdown and restart after putting
in place the new HBase should be all thats involved (A rolling restart
from 0.90.x to 0.92.0 will not work).  That said, once you have moved
to 0.92.x, there is no going back to 0.90.x after the transition has
been made.

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.92.0?  Take it for a spin.
Check out the doc.  Vote +1/-1 by December 23rd.

Yours,
The HBasistas

P.S. If you are thinking of going to 0.92 anytime soon, help us out w/
the testing if you can.  This period while we are putting up release
candidates is the best time for trying stuff out because if you find
an ugly bug, it'll be fixed pretty tout de suite

Re: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> The second hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.92.0-candidate-1/

This RC has been sunk by HBASE-5040.  I mangled the secure hbase build
(HBASE-5040).  I'll put up a new RC in next day or so.

Meantime, if you have some cycles, bang on this candidate anyways.  In
testing by a few of us its looking pretty strong so I don't think
there are many more RCs in the way of 0.92.0 so find bugs now if you
want them fixed for the release.

Yours,
St.Ack