Posted to user@struts.apache.org by co...@studiointeractive.com on 2002/02/11 05:34:11 UTC

DETAIL/QUESTION: patterns.doc, 1.4.4 Struts CMV, Table 1.5 - Struts view helpers

1.4.4 Struts CMV, Table 1.5  - Struts view helpers

This part has me confused. I have been using a STRUTS-FORM libary tag that
you do not mention here. Either the tag has been somehow wrapped into one
of the other tags and I do not know it yet, or maybe you have forgotten it.
I am guessing that you know about something we all do not - that only a new
release of struts will reveal? Is the FORM taglib getting wrapped up into
the HTML taglib? In any case, I have been using the following in my
web.xml:

<taglib>
     <taglib-uri>/form</taglib-uri>
     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-form.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

and the following on my pages:

<%@taglib uri="/form" prefix="form"%>

So, I was confused to see this tag unmentioned in Section 1.4.4, Table 1.5.

- Cody

computer.

Re: DETAIL/QUESTION: patterns.doc, 1.4.4 Struts CMV,Table 1.5 - Struts view helpers

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
After the 0.5 release, the form taglib was renamed as the html taglib.

In the 1.0 release, the tld was retained for backward compatibility, but
is deprecated.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/