Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Florian Micklich <fl...@disy.net.INVALID> on 2020/05/01 10:08:11 UTC

Re: EPSG Code license question

Hi everyone,

I created a docker-compose file I will push later on to store the epsg data.

So following steps the user has to do:

1. Download the postgres scripts from http://www.epsg.org/EPSGDataset/Archives.aspx and accept  the terms of use.

2. copy the init scripts into a specific folder

3. Start the docker-compose file

What I have to do also mentioned on https://sis.apache.org/epsg.html

  *   Secttion "As database installer"  with this two possible options:
     *   Register a DataSource under the java:comp/env/jdbc/SpatialMetadata name in a JNDI directory (see next section<https://sis.apache.org/epsg.html#jndi>). The database must exist but can be initially empty.
     *   Set a DataSource from Java code<https://sis.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/sis/setup/Configuration.html>.

  *   register a javax.sql.DataSource instance through the Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI).

For this part I still have to figure out how to implement.

With the future option we could switch to the sis non-free dependencies of apache-sis itself.

Another Option would be that the postgres container starts without data during StreamPipes setup  and the user only needs to  import the data by executing a script I would provide.

Greetings

Florian

Am 29.04.20 um 09:31 schrieb Dominik Riemer:

Hi Florian,

I also think we cannot include it directly into the project as users must explicitly accept the terms of use from EPSG. There's already an issue from ASF legal on that: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-183

So I think we have two options:
1) For now, we could create the pipeline element and foresee a folder where the database will be stored by _users_. In the documentation, we can mention instructions on how to download the dataset and where to place it in the StreamPipes installation. Users would need to explicitly download the dataset to this folder and agree to the terms of use on the EPSG website.
2) Something for the future: We can extend the pipeline element installation process to interactively ask users for actions (e.g., ask them whether they agree to the license and then download it using the Maven dependency from Apache SIS). This will require some extensions to the SDK, but should also be compliant to the resolution from ASF legal (but maybe Justin can confirm before we start doing this).

Dominik

Disy Informationssysteme GmbH
Florian Micklich
Lösungsentwickler
+49 721 16006 477,  florian.micklich@disy.net

Firmensitz: Ludwig-Erhard-Allee 6, 76131 Karlsruhe
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 107964
Geschäftsführer: Claus Hofmann

Bitte beachten Sie folgende Informationen für Kunden, Lieferanten und Bewerber
- Datenschutz: www.disy.net/datenschutz
- Informationspflichten:  www.disy.net/informationspflichten