Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Shai Topaz <sh...@cbc.ca> on 2003/07/30 01:44:35 UTC

batik rasterizer - xlink directive & gif output

Hi,

Q1

I have built an img rasterizer - svg to png/jpg based on the sample rasterizer shipped with batik 1.5

My designer wants to link svg files using the xlink directive (for linking svg fonts, svg files or even jpg files). The rasterizer complains with the following error when asked to transcode the svg file:

ERROR error  - org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: null
Enclosed Exception:
Content is not allowed in prolog. 	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)

platform details:
batik 1.5 on win2k with j2sdk1.4.1_02

Can batik parse a series of source files & transcode them into 1 output file?

Q2

Now that the ip on gifs has been lifted, any chance of gif support for rasterization?

thanx

Re: batik rasterizer - xlink directive & gif output

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Shai,

Shai Topaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Q1
>
> I have built an img rasterizer - svg to png/jpg based on the sample rasterizer shipped with batik 1.5
>
> My designer wants to link svg files using the xlink directive (for linking svg fonts, svg files or even jpg files). The rasterizer complains with the following error when asked to transcode the svg file:
>
> ERROR error  - org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: null
> Enclosed Exception:
> Content is not allowed in prolog. 	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
>
> platform details:
> batik 1.5 on win2k with j2sdk1.4.1_02
>
> Can batik parse a series of source files & transcode them into 1 output file?

   Your terminology is a little weird.  Batik can certainly parse
an SVG file that uses the 'image' element or 'use' element to
reference multiple svg image files.  I'm not sure what you mean by
'series of source files'.  Perhaps you are confusing xlink with
xinclude?

    It would probably help to provide a cut down example of your
problem (as a zip file or something).

> Q2
>
> Now that the ip on gifs has been lifted, any chance of gif support for rasterization?

   What is wrong with 8bit PNG?  Essentially all browsers support this
now.
   Adding new output formats is pretty easy if you have the code
to turn a BufferedImage into a file.  In fact I think someone
did something with the ACME encoder.