Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Andreas Chronz <pe...@udo.edu> on 2010/02/26 14:44:56 UTC

Runtime Classpath Problem

Hi,

I have a problem in a project. It contains a jar (xbean.jar from xmlbeans/lib), which I have deployed in my repo.

The dependency is being resolved by maven and appears under "Maven dependencies" in eclipse. This is a runtime dependcy, not needed during compiation.
During runtime I get a ClassNotFoundException and a hint, that xbean.jar is not on the classpath.

If I reference the exact same file (in my local repo) with eclipse directly everything runs smoothly (at least in eclipse).

I have tried to declare this dependency's scope as "runtime", which did not help.

Thanks in Advance
Peter

Re: Runtime Classpath Problem

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I have tried to declare this dependency's scope as "runtime", which did not help.

Could you try declaring it as compile, just to see if it resolves your problem?

Sounds like you're missing an entry in Manifest.mf or something...

Wayne