Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/02/25 16:40:54 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat Maven plugin 2.1

Hi,

The Apache Tomcat is pleased to announce the release of the 2.1
version. This plugin can used to run your war project inside an
embeded Apache Tomcat and to deploy your project to a running Apache
Tomcat instance.

Documentation available: http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.1/index.html

Release Notes - Apache Tomcat Maven Plugin - Version 2.1

** Bug
    * [MTOMCAT-61] - maven tomcat:run ignores the
useSeperateTomcatClassloaded when using serverXml property
    * [MTOMCAT-119] - tomcat7:run-war fails because it expects
META-INF\context.xml
    * [MTOMCAT-128] - The plugin ignores and/or parses web.xml
incorrectally when using tomcatWebXml option
    * [MTOMCAT-173] - Direct dependencies are not added to classpath
    * [MTOMCAT-175] - warDirectory property has wrong standard value
in release version 2.0
    * [MTOMCAT-179] - Null pointer dereference in RunMojo
    * [MTOMCAT-180] - Allow hostName and alias to be configured for
tomcat6:run etc
    * [MTOMCAT-182] - Typo in Tomcat6 AbstractRunWarMojo MOJO
    * [MTOMCAT-185] - change phase for tomcat6/7:run to process-classes
    * [MTOMCAT-186] - Closing executable JAR does not call
ServletContextListener.contextDestroyed()
    * [MTOMCAT-194] - Odd error message in switching from Codehaus to
Maven Tomcat6 plugin
    * [MTOMCAT-197] - tomcat7:undeploy goal not ignoring non-war projects
    * [MTOMCAT-198] - Fix base classes for redeploy and redeploy-only goals
    * [MTOMCAT-206] - Runtime dependencies within multi module
projects are not loaded.

** Improvement
    * [MTOMCAT-99] - Make redeploy goal consistent with deploy goals
    * [MTOMCAT-188] - Allow for the creation of a war that is both
executable and deployable
    * [MTOMCAT-190] - Client Certificate settings for connector
    * [MTOMCAT-191] - Return the "redeploy" goal to the Maven plugin
    * [MTOMCAT-192] - Website text cleanup
    * [MTOMCAT-199] - Text cleanup of goal definitions
    * [MTOMCAT-200] - Tomcat7:redeploy
    * [MTOMCAT-208] - JaCoCo instrumentation errors when running
StandaloneWarMojo

** New Feature
    * [MTOMCAT-163] - No undeploy goal

** Question
    * [MTOMCAT-187] - Scan resources executing run goal

Have Fun,

--
The Apache Tomcat Team.

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat Maven plugin 2.1

Posted by Anthony Dahanne <an...@gmail.com>.
OK, it's much clearer now, executing the archetype and running mvn
tomcat7:run and browsing to localhost:9090
Yes, the analogy between the executable war and jenkins.war is good example.
Thank you Olivier and Stephen for your time, I now have a very good
alternative to jetty for my dev. routine;
Regards,
Anthony

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
just test the archetype:

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On 25 February 2013 16:29, Anthony Dahanne <an...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Olivier,
> and thanks for the new release !
> I am used to mvn jetty:run so that I can quickly embed a war without
> configuring a servlet container ; and, reading the documentation of Apache
> Tomcat Maven executable war,
> http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.1/executable-war-jar.html , I
> understand there is no equivalent of mvn jetty:run, right ?

http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.1/tomcat7-maven-plugin/run-mojo.htmlis
the equivalent of jetty:run

the one you list creates a executable .war much like jenkins.war

Posted by Anthony Dahanne <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Olivier,