Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com> on 2013/08/13 11:53:59 UTC

RE: [Doc] nTier App is Ready for Review

Hi,

nTier Apps documentation is ready for review. The doc is attached at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-770.

The sub tasks also have the respective sections mentioned for easy reviewing.

Regards
-Radhika

RE: [Doc] nTier App is Ready for Review

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Sowmya.

Kishan, could you please sign off because I need developer's sign off for each feature.

Let me know if that is not necessary.

Regards
-Radhika

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Radhika for the Doc.

Please find my comments below:

15.27.3.6
Add Tier -> ACL List selection is missing in the screenshot.

15.27.4 and 15.27.4.1
All outgoing traffic is not blocked by default. Behaviour is as follows:
"By default, all incoming traffic to guest networks is blocked. All outgoing traffic from guest networks is allowed, once you add an ACL rule for outgoing traffic, then only outgoing traffic specified in this ACL rule is allowed, the rest is blocked."

15.27.4.4 - Heading should be "Creating tier with custom ACL List"

~kishan

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Radhika for the Doc.

Posted by Abhinav Roy <ab...@citrix.com>.
Hi Radhika,

Few additions in the section 15.27.11.2 N-Tier InternalLB for VPC feature :

1. In section 15.27.11.2.3 you can mention that there in the network offerings a default offering for Internal LB is present with the name "DefaultIsolatedNetworkOfferingForVpcNetworksWithInternalLB" .

2. In section 15.27.11.2.4 , when the user creates the Internal LB rule and adds the VMs to the rule then the Internal LB VM (which is responsible for the Load Balancing) gets created. The created Internal LB VM can be seen at
      Infrastructue -> Zones -> <zone_ name> -> <physical_network_name> - > Network Service Providers -> Internal LB VM -> Instances.

3. For every "source ip address" a new Internal LB VM is created for load balancing.

4. the "source ip address" is acquired from the CIDR of that particular tier on which you want to create the Internal LB rule.

Thanks and regards,
Abhinav

Thanks Rajesh, Kishan, and Sowmya. I shall share the final docs once I finish fixing them.

Whatever Sowmya had listed, apart from that looks good to me.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
I had gone through the doc.