Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Adrian Pang <ap...@earthconnect.com> on 2001/07/20 23:50:41 UTC

Request next version of Apache Soap

Hi,

I came across a problem in Apache Soap 2.2, that I am wondering if the
developers can fix it in the next release.  I post this to this group
first so other users can verify my problem.  In a Java bean
deserializer, the getName() method of a PropertyDescriptor
(pds[i].getName), by default, returns the name of the property with
first character of the name of the property in lowercase.  However, in
apache soap (propertyName.equals(pds[i].getName())) was used, which is
case-sensitive -- resulting a Unable to retrieve PropertyDescriptor for
property "..." error, if the property name is in proper case (like
Property instead of property)

I'd greatly appreciate it if the next release of the library can fix
this problem.

Thanks,
Adrian

RE: Request next version of Apache Soap

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Adrian,

I'm assuming you're talking about the BeanSerializer. If you are, the
BeanSerializer uses the Java introspection mechanisms to manipulate (i.e.
read/write) properties. The names of those properties are case-sensitive. If
the BeanSerializer is giving an error message which says it can't retrieve
the PropertyDescriptor for property "abc", then property "abc" does not
exist on your JavaBean. Please post the Java source for your JavaBean (if
possible), and the exact error message.

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.