Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/16 21:29:55 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Tapestry 5.7.1 and 5.6.3 released

Hello!

Both are recommended upgrades: 5.6.3 for 5.4 to 5.6.2, 5.7.1 for 5.7.0.

Please check the release notes for both:
5.6.3: https://tapestry.apache.org/release-notes-563.html
5.7.1: https://tapestry.apache.org/release-notes-561.html

Happy coding!

--
Thiago

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tapestry 5.7.1 and 5.6.3 released

Posted by Charles Karow <ch...@karow.com>.
Thiago,

Thanks for this good news! I am using Tapestry on several live,
production sites.

Thank you  and all of the committers for all of your good work and
dedication!

Charles

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the new release, Thiago!

Posted by Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niran Abeygunawardena <Ni...@proquest.com>.
Many thanks for the releases Thiago!

Cheers,

    CAUTION: EXTERNAL Email.

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Numa Schmeder <nu...@dfacto.ch>.
Hello !

Posted by Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com>.
Hey Tapestry people,

I just read an article on Medium comparing server side web frameworks that
claims Tapestry is used by no more than 17 people worldwide. Wow, that was
really shocking to me, but not a surprise though. Thiago, are you not
wasting your time on a framework used by such a few people? I can
understand the rationale behind your decision to stick with it only if you
tell me that you use it as a playground to learn new things.

Posted by Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

Number of users per day or month is not a relevant metric to use to
determine how scalable or performant Tapestry is. It's about the number of
concurrent users per second or minute that is relevant. Do you have those
numbers too?
The medium article was not referring to end users of Tapestry. It was
referring to the number of companies using Tapestry which it claimed to be
17 worldwide. So it appears you are 1 of the 17.
Looking at the responses so far, that number appears to be correct.

Posted by Carlos Montero Canabal <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thiago,

From my part I only has 1 "public" project:

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adriaan Joubert <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Liu Yong <ho...@gmail.com>.
Thiago,

Posted by Carlos Montero Canabal <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Thiago,

Posted by Svein Erik Løken <sv...@brav.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your efforts Thiago! 🌟

There's a typo in release notes link for 5.7.1:

https://tapestry.apache.org/release-notes-571.html

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team