Posted to rpc-user@xml.apache.org by ar...@cornell.edu on 2002/04/02 15:17:49 UTC

Re: Sessions

Take a look at:

http://aeolus/xmlrpc/xmlrpc.html

This patches the xml-rpc library to add CORBA-like interceptors (or
Tomcat-like filters), which are just hooks to incoming and outgoing
calls with the call state.  You can easily use these to do sessioning
(e.g. upon incoming call generate session hash and look up a table to see
if a session exists already).

Aaron Hamid
Cornell University

Hi all!

I am new in Java and xml-rpc, but I have some experience in
c++ and Corba.
I'd like to make and application server with java & xml-rpc instead of
c++ & Corba. Xml-rpc package seems ok, but I found the WebServer class
a little bit short.
For starter I'd like to have sessions. When I tried to add this
functionality I found
that most of relevant existing classes are local to XmlRcpServer class and
therefore
I can not extend it without changing the rpc class.

Is xml-rpc package and it's server meant for production use, or iti is
just
a demo?
Is there some development going on, or it is just legacy code.

Has someone developerd a java server based on xmlrpc with sessions ?
(pointers)

Thanks in advance

Matjaz

Re: Sessions

Posted by ma...@zrs-tk.si.
Hi Aron

Could you update the patch to version xmlrpc-1.1 (from Apache).
The patch you provided mostly fails.