Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Scott Simpson <ss...@InterchangeUSA.com> on 2006/09/28 18:59:53 UTC

Can't get vendor branch to import to another project

I have set up vendor branches OK and I'm trying to import the vendor
branch into another project and I'm getting a permission error:

    $ svn copy http://svn:8000/repos/vendor/hadoop/hadoop-0.6.2
http://svn:8000/repos/search/trunk/hadoop -m 'bringing hadoop-0.6.2 into
the main branch'
    svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos'
    svn: PROPFIND of '/repos': 403 Forbidden (http://svn:8000)

Yet the vendor branch and search project work fine with the Apache
server:

    $ svn log http://svn:8000/repos/vendor/hadoop/hadoop-0.6.2

    r6 | ssimpson | 2006-09-28 10:40:17 -0700 (Thu, 28 Sep 2006) | 2
lines

    Tag hadoop/current as hadoop/hadoop-0.6.2.

    $ svn log http://svn:8000/repos/search/trunk

    r1 | ssimpson | 2006-09-28 11:41:54 -0700 (Thu, 28 Sep 2006) | 2
lines

    Added trunk, branches, and tags.

The copy command above I took from the Subversion manual in General
Vendor Branch Management Procedure (first page).

RE: Can't get vendor branch to import to another project

Posted by Scott Simpson <ss...@InterchangeUSA.com>.

> Are /repos/vendor and /repos/search two separate repositories?
> If so, that isn't going to work.  Copy only works within
> a single repository.
> The not-entirely-clear error is due to Subversion trying
> to find the common parent of the two as part of the commit,
> and that common parent not being a repository at all.

Danka shoen. That's the problem. Subversion manual isn't too clear on
this...

Re: Can't get vendor branch to import to another project

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 9/28/06, Scott Simpson <ss...@interchangeusa.com> wrote:
> I have set up vendor branches OK and I'm trying to import the vendor
> branch into another project and I'm getting a permission error:
>
>     $ svn copy http://svn:8000/repos/vendor/hadoop/hadoop-0.6.2
> http://svn:8000/repos/search/trunk/hadoop -m 'bringing hadoop-0.6.2 into
> the main branch'
>     svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos'
>     svn: PROPFIND of '/repos': 403 Forbidden (http://svn:8000)

Are /repos/vendor and /repos/search two separate repositories?  If so,
that isn't going to work.  Copy only works within a single repository.
 The not-entirely-clear error is due to Subversion trying to find the
common parent of the two as part of the commit, and that common parent
not being a repository at all.

-garrett