Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "John B. Moore" <jb...@microps.com> on 2005/03/31 04:25:25 UTC

Manager in other webapp subdirectories hosts/contexts

I know I saw the info on this topic somewhere, but for the life of me, I
can not relocate it.. (can not come up with the magic search strings...)

I have various subdirectories under webapps that are configured as
separate hosts and contexts

i.e. /webapps/someapp

In that directory I have a web application and I want the setup  the
Manager for stopping and starting this app..

Using the example for the localhost context I saw the alias

Alias /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/../server/webapps/manager

..along with all the related settings...

Since my webapp is in  /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/someapp/

I tried..

Alias /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/someapp/../../server/webapps/manager

.. along with related settings...  No joy.. it dropped the first "../"
and still can not track to that alias directory..

So am I chasing my tail..<G>   And/or can some point me to that phantom
discusson on setting up the manager for other host/context/
subdirectories...

Thanks...

John...