Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Kakileti, Kishore" <kk...@StateStreet.com> on 2001/12/11 21:07:13 UTC

Help: Frameworks

David

This is Kishore from State Street Corp.  I am exactly trying to figure it
out which frame work to choose.   So far, I understand jakarta-commons,
avalon, struts a little bit.  Trying to understand cocoon, turbine2,
turbine3.

Could you share your findings/recommendations on framework with me please?

FYI:  Some of things that we deal with
           - Netscape Directory Server for user data
           - Netegrity siteminder for security
           - Quite a bunch of legacy applications written in C/C++ using
CORBA.
           - Jetspeed as portal (eval state), IBM portal server, Plumtree
are candidates.

TIA

- Kishore