Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Wang Han <it...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/27 14:50:52 UTC

SOAPMonitor doesn't work after setting tomcat virtual host.

Hi guys,

Service "echo" is deployed at:
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/echo, SOAPMonitor is at
http://localhost:8080/axis/SOAPMonitor.
I can use SOAPMonitor to monitor all soap messages between echo
service and its client.

For some special requirement, I need re-deploy the echo service to
http://localhost:8080/echo.
I implement it successfully by modifying tomcat/conf/server.xml and
webapps/axis/web.xml.

But the SOAPMonitor is not there any more. I  try to access it by
http://localhost:8080/SOAPMonitor,
It always gives me "load applet failed" error message.

Could someone tell me how can I find back the SOAPMonitor? thanks a lot!

Tomcat6.0 + axis1.4.
tomcat/conf/server.xml:
      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps/axis"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
         <Context path="/" docBase="."/>

webapps/axis/WEB-INF/web.xml:
  <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
   <!-- use it when need SOAPMon <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern> -->
   <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Re: SOAPMonitor doesn't work after setting tomcat virtual host.

Posted by Wang Han <it...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,
I try it with Firefox and there comes the msg "SOAPMonitorApplet notinited"
in the statusbar.
Seems axis can't find the SOAPMonitor class. but I do copied them to
webapps/axis and webapps/root separately, any comments please?

B.R
Han

Posted by Wang Han <it...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

The SOAPMonitor worked well before I changed the axis/WEB-INF/web.xml.
But it is not there after I changed
  <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
  <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

I will try to find out the reason and if it doesn't work yet, I will change
to axis.
Thanks for your reply!

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wang Han <it...@gmail.com>.