Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by R Lists06 <li...@abbacomm.net> on 2007/04/10 03:52:40 UTC

whitelist_from_rcvd inquiry

Greeting,

Can lines be combined in a situation like this...

whitelist_from_rcvd *@hisdomain.com hisdomain.com whitelist_from_rcvd
*@hisdomain.com hisotherdomain.com

does this work or should this be done?

can they be combined into one statement or should they be separate?

Any other tips etc?

Thanks in advance!

 - rh

--
Abba Communications Internet & Computer Services
PO Box 7175

Re: whitelist_from_rcvd inquiry

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
R Lists06 wrote:
>> Matt Kettler wrote:
>> Separate.
>>
> *snip*
>
>> In general, for options that you can do many of on one line, you only
>> put the option name itself once, you don't repeat it.
>>

> Thanks
>
> What I was getting at is what if there are multiple sending hosts...
>
> Obviously the thing that changed was the last parameter
>
> Still separate???
>
> How do we deal with multiple possible sending domains?
>
> I take it that it still cannot be dealt with on one line?  :-)
>
> The original email should have looked like this as when I got it back it was
> all one line. Oops.
>
> whitelist_from_rcvd *@hisdomain.com hisdomain.com
>
> whitelist_from_rcvd *@hisdomain.com hisotherdomain.com
>
> does it make more sense now?

Yep, you'd still do separate lines.. unless of course hisdomain supports
SPF, then I'd set up SPF in SA and use whitelist_from_spf.

RE: whitelist_from_rcvd inquiry

Posted by R Lists06 <li...@abbacomm.net>.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
R Lists06 wrote:
> Greeting,
>
> Can lines be combined in a situation like this...
>
> whitelist_from_rcvd *@hisdomain.com hisdomain.com whitelist_from_rcvd
> *@hisdomain.com hisotherdomain.com
>

> does this work or should this be done?

No. If you run spamassassin --lint, it should generate a warning. If it
doesn't it's an oversight in the lint processor.