Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by john campbell <so...@hotmail.com> on 2000/09/11 01:04:47 UTC

running addressbook example

hi i deployed the addressbook and when i was trying to execute it i am
getting following error. I request you to please tell me what might be the
possible reason causing this and how to rectify it.
Any help with this regard will be greatly appreciated.
thank you
-john

C:\java-soap\soap-2_0>java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
http:\\localhost:8080\soap\servlet\rpcrouter "John B. Good"
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): error opening socket: Connection
refused: no further information

i deployed the service with the following infomration

Deployed Service Information
'AddressFetcher' Service Deployment Descriptor
Property Details
ID AddressFetcher
Scope Application
Provider Type java
Provider Class samples.addressbook.AddressBook
Use Static Class false
Methods getAddressFromName, addEntry, getAllListings, putListings
Type Mappings [TypeMapping
encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,elementType=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/:address,javaType=samples.addressbook.Address,java2XMLClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,xml2JavaClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer]
[TypeMapping
encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,elementType=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/:phone,javaType=samples.addressbook.PhoneNumber,java2XMLClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,xml2JavaClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer]

http://profiles.msn.com.