Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@apache.org> on 2012/02/07 16:18:27 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] ApacheDS 2.0.0-M5 released

The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of ApacheDS
2.0.0-M5, the fifth milestone toward a 2.0 version.

Here are the release notes for Apache Directory ApacheDS 2.0.0-M5:
* [DIRSERVER-1660] - DMG based installer generation fails on Mac OSX Lion
* [DIRSERVER-1688] - Using rm -d is not portable to Slackware
* [DIRKRB-81] - The ReplayCacheEntry is marked as Serializable, but
contains no serializable fields
* [DIRKRB-84] - EncryptionTypes are not correctly handled in the server

Note that this is a milestone, and some parts of the API or configuration
can change before the 2.0 GA. We don't have any defined time frame for the
2.0-G1 release, we do expect to release a few more milestones before
reaching the 2.0-GA.

Downloads are available at
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/2.0/downloads.html

The Apache Directory Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] ApacheDS 2.0.0-M5 released

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
On 2/7/12 7:44 PM, sebb wrote:
> On 7 February 2012 15:18, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot<pa...@apache.org>  wrote:
>> The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of ApacheDS
>> 2.0.0-M5, the fifth milestone toward a 2.0 version.
> What is ApacheDS?
>
> A Detective Sergeant?
> ;-)

As soon as it does not mean "dull sh*t"...

> I expect followers of the dev and user lists will know, but the
> message also goes to others who will not be familiar with the acronyms
> used.

Agreed. As we add a small description of Apache DS in each quarterly
board reports, adding the same piece of text in the Announcement is
probably a must have.

Thanks Sebbaz !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] ApacheDS 2.0.0-M5 released

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@gmail.com>.
Le 7 févr. 2012 à 19:57, "Emmanuel Lécharny" <el...@apache.org> a écrit :
> On 2/7/12 7:44 PM, sebb wrote:
>> On 7 February 2012 15:18, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot<pa...@apache.org>  wrote:
>>> The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of ApacheDS
>>> 2.0.0-M5, the fifth milestone toward a 2.0 version.
>> What is ApacheDS?
>>
>> A Detective Sergeant?
>> ;-)

Haha

> As soon as it does not mean "dull sh*t"...
>>
>> I expect followers of the dev and user lists will know, but the
>> message also goes to others who will not be familiar with the acronyms
>> used.
>
> Agreed. As we add a small description of Apache DS in each quarterly
> board reports, adding the same piece of text in the Announcement is
> probably a must have.

Indeed.
Next release announcement will Inge more informative.
Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.