Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Hitchins <al...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/03/25 15:12:09 UTC

Checkstyle Error

I'm getting a checkstyle error on compilation.

What is the best way to see what I'm doing to cause the issue? I seem to be just getting the project it's failing on. This is with supplying -e to maven to give a stack trace. Is there anything I can configure in Eclipse to enforce these rules too?

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.11:check
(cloudstack-checkstyle) on project cloud-server: Failed during checkstyle execution: Ther
e are 1 checkstyle errors. -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.
maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.11:check (cloudstack-checkstyle) on project cloud-
server: Failed during checkstyle execution

Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

RE: Checkstyle Error

Posted by Alex Hitchins <al...@shapeblue.com>.
Got the file, trailing spaces issue.

Many thanks for that Wido!

Regards

Alex Hitchins

D: +44 1892 523 587 | S: +44 2036 030 540 | M: +44 7788 423 969

alex.hitchins@shapeblue.com

On 03/25/2014 03:12 PM, Alex Hitchins wrote:
> I'm getting a checkstyle error on compilation.
>
> What is the best way to see what I'm doing to cause the issue? I seem to be just getting the project it's failing on. This is with supplying -e to maven to give a stack trace. Is there anything I can configure in Eclipse to enforce these rules too?

Check the target directory of that project. There is a checkstyle report which tells you which file and line is to blame.

RE: Checkstyle Error

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

RE: Checkstyle Error

Re: Checkstyle Error