Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/05 05:03:01 UTC

Re: Python 3: final step

Guys,

Happy New Year !!!
I haven't got much time to contribute to Python 3 support. What is the
progress now ? It seems there are quite a few open issues under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-1251. People have kept asking
about Python 3 support in tf.transform (
https://github.com/tensorflow/transform/issues/1) which is blocked by
BEAM-1251.

Thanks,
Manu Zhang

Re: Python 3: final step

Posted by Robbe Sneyders <ro...@ml6.eu>.
Hi all,

We've been making quite some progress these last weeks. I'll give a short
status update on where we are right now.

Our current goal is to make all unittests succeed in Python 3. We are
currently at:
1842 tests: (SKIP=350, errors=100, failures=9)

All of these remaining errors and failures are in the io and examples
packages, except for some non-blocking failing typehints tests. All other
packages have been ported. We're currently working on porting the io
package, and have finished all core modules (iobase, filesystemio,
filebasedsource/sink, textio, ...). This allowed us to fix the wordcount
end to end examples, which now run successfully on Python 3! [1]

Next up are all other io sources and sinks. Most of the skipped tests are
due to missing GCP components in the Python 3 test suite. We will add a
separate GCP test suite for Python 3 when we start porting the first GCP io
module, which should be very soon.

Anyone who wants to help out, can start with porting one of these
sources/sinks.

Re: Python 3: final step

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Re: Python 3: final step