Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by xingcan <xi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/27 05:44:40 UTC

A question about "log.retention.size"

Hi all,

I mount 3 disks (e.g 1TB each) to 3 partition directories (topic-0/
topic-1/ and topic-2/). How could I control the log size? Should I set
"log.retention.size" to 3TB or 1TB? And If I set it to 3TB, what will
happen when one disk crashed?

--
*Xingcan*

Re: A question about "log.retention.size"

Posted by xingcan <xi...@gmail.com>.
I see. Thanks.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
log.retention.size is per partition. Currently, if the kafka broker hits
any I/O exception, it shuts itself down.

Thanks,

Jun