Posted to dev@buildstream.apache.org by Tristan Van Berkom <tr...@codethink.co.uk> on 2022/10/12 15:32:22 UTC

BuildStream 1.6.8 released

Hi all,

This is another bugfix release in the 1.6.x stable series.

What is BuildStream ?
=====================
BuildStream is a Free Software tool for building/integrating software
stacks. It takes inspiration, lessons and use-cases from various
projects including OBS, Reproducible Builds, Yocto, Baserock,
Buildroot, Aboriginal, GNOME Continuous, JHBuild, Flatpak Builder and
Android repo.

BuildStream supports multiple build-systems (e.g. autotools, cmake,
distutils, make, meson), and can create outputs in a range of formats
(e.g. debian packages, flatpak runtimes, sysroots, system images) for
multiple platforms and chipsets.

=================
buildstream 1.6.8
=================

  o Only test remote CAS push capabilities if push is enabled.
    This improves compatibility with new grpcio releases.

  o Dummy sandbox for checking out from dirrefernt arches.
    Ability to check out build artifacts with incompatible arch
    assuming no commands need to be run.

  o Backport regex flags fix to support newer versions of Python

Contributors:
=============
 - Abderrahim Kitouni
 - Chandan Singh
 - Sam Thursfield
 - Seppo Yli-Olli
 - Tristan van Berkom

Where can I get it ?
====================
https://github.com/apache/buildstream/releases/tag/1.6.8

For more information on the BuildStream project, visit our home page
at https://buildstream.build/

Cheers,
    -Tristan

Re: Release announcements, WAS: Re: BuildStream 1.6.8 released

Posted by Tristan Van Berkom <tr...@codethink.co.uk>.
Hi Sander,

On Wed, 2022-10-26 at 14:36 +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> Hi Tristan,
>
> Thanks for taking care of another maintenance release of BuildStream.
>
> To avoid confusion, let's include in the intro that maintenance releases
> are not Apache releases.  If we can ensure that the subject line for the
> 1.x maintenance releases are always "BuildStream" and the 2.x line will be
> "Apache BuildStream" that will help even more.

Sure.

I'll also make sure to include a word of caution that the 1.x line is
still under LGPL.

> When it comes to release candidates, let's ensure we don't use the term
> "released", but rather mention that a candidate is available for
> evaluation.  We're currently using a high number 1.x number (1.95.x) for
> the 2.x release candidates as to not burn the 2.0 number - l suggest
> we mention 2.0 in the subject for clarity for release candidates.

Got it.

Cheers,
    -Tristan

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.