Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu> on 2000/08/02 04:28:14 UTC

Xalan Extension Functions and $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext

Hello all,

Is there any reason why when I put xalan 1.1.1 or xalan 1.2d01 in my
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory (and not in my classpath) everything
seems to work except extension functions. I always get this message:

>	Call to extension element failed:

unless the class, I'm trying to use within the stylesheet, is also in the
ext directory ( e.g. classes that are part of the jdk or files I move to
this directory work fine, but those in my classpath choke).  This is
happening even with the samples provided with xalan.

Just in case it matters I'm using Linux and IBM's 1.3 jdk.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure I'm a member of this list yet, so if
you  would be so kind please CC any responses to this address.

-matt