Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ime Smits <im...@iae.nl> on 2001/05/02 12:13:05 UTC

dev,ino namespace [was: Re: Apache::Registry - a thought]

| It occurs to me that there would be no overhead to speak of in using a
| sequence number, given that Apache::Registry already maintains a hash for
| its generated package names for mtime checks. Something like:

Why not use (stat($script))[0,1] device and inode numbers of the script
being compiled? It has the advantage of code-sharing symlinked scripts - but
probably can only be used on Unix like flavours.

I got tremendous improvements in my situation where I have quite some
domains basically running the same huge stuff with some minor layout
adjustments based on HTTP Host header.

As I use Apache::ASP a lot, I have some (fairly trivial) patches submitted
for this feature to Joshua, who will probably include them in the next
release. I think it would be nice for Apache::Registry to have this feature
as well.

Anyone interested in the Apache::ASP patches, just drop me line.

Ime