Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Demertzoglou, Pindaro" <de...@rpi.edu> on 2006/10/27 17:40:59 UTC

Help on research for the TOE framework

Dear all,

First, I hope this is the right place to put this request.  If it is
not, I would like to apologize to the moderator and the list
participants.
Your help and any suggestions are very welcome.

I am a young faculty member of the business school at Rensselaer
Polytechnic Institute (rpi.com) and in love with databases.  I worked a
lot  with commercial databases but lately I am doing research on OS
RDBMSs.

I would be most appreciative if you could help with my research efforts
on open source databases. I am  working and trying to expand the TOE
(organizational, technological and environmental) framework  trying to
identify factors that lead to adoption of open source databases by
organizations.

If you have a few minutes I would like your help to respond to an
academic survey.  It takes from 9 to 12 minutes to respond and you can
find the survey at:

http://www.databasechannel.com/survey.asp?varid=10

The only credentials for participants are: to be working for a company
and have some input in database decisions.

>From my part I will send the results of the analysis to any respondent
who will leave an email address at the textbox at the bottom of the
page.

This is research that is going on for three years now but I need the
help of the community for data collection to finalize it.

On behalf of the research team, I would like to thank you very much in
advance for your very valuable time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Pindaro Demertzoglou
                                    Clinical Assistant Professor
                                    Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute